Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tried & Tested Series: Dental Cotton Rolls



Now that I am living a life less ordinary, it is without doubt also far less extravagant. The same however, cannot be said for my beauty regime - which, as of late has been 'pimped'! You'll have heard me name-drop brands like REN, Essie, Kiehl's, Rituals and so on. But behind every A-list beauty roll call is a bargainista fighting to get out. 

I read lots of tutorials about how to put make-up on, but what about the sometimes arduous task of taking it all off! Especially on the eye area. And what better model to test what I am about to reveal: the smokey eye with glitter, and a rich pigment shadow complete with false lashes and liquid eye-liner.
MAC Book Pro & Mont Blanc pens at the ready ladies - my fashionable BFF, Kellie M, has saved me (on more than one occasion this past month) from Beauty Room 101. 1. Put your cotton-wool pads to one side, for now...I give you peoples exhibit A - Dental Cotton Rolls.





Perfect for, and I quote, 'in the corners (of the eye) and under the lash line including the lashes themselves'. A surprise 'gift' and after such a glowing testimonial I was sure it was going to make my life easier.



Rather than wait for a good excuse - I broke with tradition and applied eyeliner (liquid) and 2 coats of mascara, and a LIGHT dusting of a glittery shimmer shadow. I was surprised that I DIDN'T get any strange looks at my local mini supermercado at 10am. But, I did need to perform the toughest road test possible!



Load the roll at one end with a good dollop of remover and watch as your eye makeup slides off with ease. There is no dragging of the skin, and yes the roll is small and soft and depending on how much product you need to remove, you will need a few of them. Remember it's those hard to reach places where this bargain beauty product comes into its own.




Have I put in a repeat order? Yes! Am I thinking about a cute little dispenser for them? Yes! Am I impressed? Hell, yea!
Before the ink has dried on the paper - do not expect to find these in the shopping aisles; some pharmacies may have them, but your best bet?..... check with your dentist. You will NOT regret it!

There are numerous companies that sell the cotton rolls, my little tester samples came from DE Healthcare Products, based in Gillingham (thank you kindly).





Happy cleansing!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment