Monday, September 17, 2012

Essie.....Yes(ie) Please!





Essie family: Top (l to r): Chocolate Kisses, Braziliant. Bottom: (l to r): Power Clutch, St Barts Blue)

As much as I had wanted to try them all (at the same time....lol). I made a bold leap and went with 'Power Clutch'on fingers and toes (ring fingers in pink and 'ring' toes in illuminous yellow).



A deep gray-green that goes with EVERYTHING and in category 'on-trend' this Essie nail polish is well-pigmented, gives good coverage, and really 'pops' on the second coat (3 if you include the base coat). A smaller brush that I'm used to but it didn't bleed into the cuticles (you do have to have the know-how for 'verniz' application) and with a good top-coat will last you more than a week......less housework and more chilling out with a glass of bubbly by the pool should do it, I think. However, I do have 3 more to try and my eye on a zillion more of their fab colors....is it wrong to want to change your nail color every week?


Follow this step-by-step guide for the perfect nail polish application


I'm giving Power Clutch (BeautyBoutique.ie price €9.95) a full 10 out of 10 and I'm going to throw in extra marks for the 'less is more' on Essie's packaging too. 

All the above polishes plus many more shades can be found on www.beautyboutique.ie where prices start at €5,95

Next weeks 'tried & tested' polish will be Essie Chocolate Kisses....I am swooning with anticipation.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment